Monday, September 19, 2011

back to the running...

So since the boy child has started school, doing things in the afternoon have led to some distress in life.  So, Zumba in the afternoon has to go.  Which means I have to fill Monday and Wednesday with SOMETHING.  My friend Nichole suggested kettlebell.  So I thought, sure, why not.  hmph.
I dropped the girl off at school and headed to the gym, since the day was nice, I decided to actually run before this kettlebell thing and thought it would be nice to run outside.  I walked .25 miles as a warm up, and ran 2 twelve minute miles, then walked another .5 miles as a cool down.  I was pretty impressed since I haven't run since July.  So I went into the gym all cocky.  Sure I can do Kettlebell.  Nichole tells me to pick a weight with a 4 on the bottom.  I obliged but giggled to myself that surely we should do the 6 next time. Then got to class.  WHATEVER.  So this is what people do that hate themselves.  I'm SO glad that Nichole told me to get the 4...wondering if they actually make a 2.  hmmm.  Anyway, there was swinging and squatting and lifting and then when that was all over there was sitting up and punching and crunching and bicycling... hmph.  whatever.  stupid no zumba in the morning times.
Anyway, I made it through.  My leg have stopped communicating with the rest of my body.  I really hope there is nothing urgent in which I need to run after something today.  The IB is waiting to be taken before bed so that I have a chance to go back to my beloved Zumba in the morning.  But I will do it all again on Wednesday.  Not because I'm a glutton, but because I want my arms and back (and abs) to be stronger.  So alas.  I run, I Zumba, and I Kettlebell.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

hahaha! The internet says they make a 2 (actually a 1.8) but they don't have it at the Y. My legs are still functioning, but my abs and arms are beginning to mutiny... Zumba should be fun...