Monday, May 9, 2011

Week One...

This is for my Couch to 5K journey.
First off, I am not a runner.  I was once upon a time, but since high school... really unless someone or something was chasing me... not so much.  I HAVE been walking at least 3 times a week.  I tried to walk at least a mile each time and usually wore weights on my legs and was pushing Grace in a stroller.  My problem is that the weight was not coming off.  So, I figured I needed to ramp up the workout.  Since Couch to 5K seemed made for someone that doesn't run... I thought I would give it a go.  I will do the program MWF and do a resistance training TTH and then take the weekends off.
I decided to not buy new shoes for this.  I just bought a pair a few months ago, so not so much.  I have decided that if I make it through the 9 week training, I will splurge and buy a pair of decent running shoes.  So I went and bought a pair of arch support inserts.  Um, not so much.  My arches didn't hurt, but it put a lot of pressure on the outside of my feet.  So I will try without the inserts on Wednesday and see how it goes.
I have to say that I was rather proud of myself.  I made it through the first workout and even came home and did 20 push ups and 100 crunches... heh.  So anyway...
I don't do measurements except weight:
Starting weight: 153
Week 1 picture:
Here's hoping!

No comments: