Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week 6: Day 2

Much better.  No feelings of vomit or death.  Jerry talked me through loading music onto my phone, I got an adapter for my headphones...and while music only comes out of one headphone, it is a heck of a lot better than none.  I made it 2.45 miles and then finished the lap I was on as a cool down so went 2.75 total.  Not too shabby.  It is getting hotter here in the mountains, which I suppose is a good thing for me.  That means when I get back to the coast I have a small chance of succeeding in the heat.  I am sure I will have to back track for a week or so to get re-acclimated, but so be it.
I'm going to continue with Week 6 through this week.  My whole plan of being through the program and consistently running 3.1 miles by the time I got home has been blown to hell, but I'm okay with that.  As long as I am still sticking with the program, then great!  Once I can run 3.1 miles (or 30 minutes) consistently for a couple of weeks, I'm rewarding myself with a new pair of running shoes.  I still refuse to enter in competition.  This is for me, not for some reward of feeling like I need to compete.  Life has too much of that anyway.

No comments: