Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 7: Day 2...

yeah yeah yeah, I know.  It's been over a week since I have done ANYTHING...except pack, make it home, unpack, separate the kids into their own room, set up our room with a new bed and frame, and gotten the kids to and from camp everyday.  BUT we also joined the Y!!  SO today, I got to the gym and ran on a treadmill.  I am a little sad to not be out in the nice weather, but here the weather SUCKS! I would seriously have to run in the middle of the night... and even then, gross.  heh.
So, I ran.  On a treadmill.  I walked for 5 minutes as a warm up and then ran 2 13 minute miles (walking for 2 minutes in between the miles.)  SO it's progress, and considering I haven't run since last Tuesday, I think it's pretty good that I didn't die.  heh.  I didn't even feel like I was going to pas out.  AND I did random hills.  Now, none were as steep as the hills I was ACTUALLY running in the mountains, but still.  So my next goal is to get through 25+ minutes without stopping to walk.  I think I can do it.  I think I could have done it today, but chickened out.  I DID get new shoes before leaving the mountains.  Wahoo!  So far, no shin splints.  But I REALLY think that it was all due to walking down hill with a little on my shoulders that gave me the shin splints.
Anyway, onward and upward!!!

No comments: